Let’s get started.
Before modern medicine and drug stores, people relied on plant-based remedies to address a condition.
1.What exactly are Essential Oils
- EOs (essential oils) are fragrant, vital fluids *distilled from flowers, shrubs, leaves, trees, roots, and/or seeds
- EOs are the aromatic compounds that come off plants that are in an oil form
- EOs are Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) made up of a variety of chemicals.
- A VOC will dissipate rapidly into the air
- EOs distinctive chemistry enables them to permeate every cell to administer it’s healing properties at the greatest essential level in our body
- We call these oils “essential” not because our bodies do not create them and we need them to survive such as “Essential Amino Acids” or “Essential Fatty Acids”. Essential oils got their name from the word “Quintessential” meaning embodying the essence of something.
- Quintessential “the 5th Essence” translated means: the life force or essence of the plant
- EOs are made by:
- Steam distillation from plants (just like distilling spirits)
- This is extraction is the best to achieve the highest quality of EO
- Cold press for Citrus fruits because you only use the skin of the citrus (similar to olive oil cold pressing)
- Different extractions: Water vapor distillation (steam), Pressure extractions, Expression, Enlfeurage, Solvent extraction, CO2, Synthetic imitation